God has blessed Hope for Life to open and support many homes with multiple orphans being cared for and loved. For many years, we have witnessed how the testimonies and examples of our foster families have “caught fire” and become the primary influence in leading other couples to become foster families. This has led us to our current plan to increase the impact of Hope for Life by enhancing the involvement of Russian churches and ministry leaders with our efforts.
We have established a Board of local leaders in eastern Russia that will work alongside us. The Board will have more involvement with ministry planning as well as the hands-on teaching and encouraging of foster families. They will also engage with other church leaders and train them on how to best minister to the foster families they serve.
Our heartfelt desire is to provide more quality resources to help all foster families in Eastern Russia. To achieve Hope for Life’s mission of “equipping Christian couples to care for abandoned children” our strategies include:
- Provide ongoing counseling and training for foster parents
- Provide foster families regular encouragement and prayer support from churches and the HFL board
- Provide one-time financial support for needy families caring for a new foster child
- Provide financial assistance for children in foster homes or orphanages to attend summer camp
- Provide housing and financial support for larger foster families
- Provide an annual HFL Homes banquet to encourage, teach, and challenge our foster parents
Did you know that a monthly gift of $50 will allow us to send two orphans to a 10-day summer camp? Or that a small bedroom to house one child can be added to a foster home for an average cost of $2,200? As we look forward to 2021, these are just a couple of ways that you can help.
Joye and I want to sincerely thank you for the prayer and financial support you have provided in the past. These are vital to Hope for Life Homes & Orphan Care as we increase our impact on the precious children of Russia.